Who is KCS?
Knoxville Christian School, which serves Pre-K3 through 12th grade began over 30 years ago with a generous gift of 67 acres from the Paul Shirley family just north of the Campbell Station exit off I-40. KCS is the oldest private school in Farragut and advertises that it is an “affordable, values-oriented, non-denominational private school.” KCS is dully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and National Christian School Association (NCSA).
Did You Know?
- Defibrillation within three minutes of sudden cardiac arrest increases the chances of survival to 70 percent. Shock within one minute of collapse raises the survival rate to 90 percent.
- Calling 911 is necessary but the wait for first responders may take too long. The average call-to-shock time in a typical community is nine minutes.
- Universities such as Notre Dame, Utah State and others have successfully implemented AED programs and saved lives.
One of the ways in which I help KCS, is to provide CPR certification to all of their staff and faculty members. While providing this service, I realized that the school was in need of several AEDs, one for each building.
Through your help, I am looking to raise approximately $5,000 to purchase and install three AEDs for KCS.
What is an AED?
AED is short for “Automated Electronic Defibrillator” and is a portable electronic device that automatically diagnoses the life threatening cardiac arrhythmias (which can lead to cardiac arrest) and is able to treat them through defibrillation.
With simple audio and visual commands, AEDs are designed to be simple to use for the layperson, and the use of AEDs is taught in many first aid, first responder, and basic life support level CPR classes.
Each member of the KCS staff and faculty that have been certified through me, have been taught how to properly use an AED.
As part of my ongoing campaign to raise money for the purchase of AEDs for KCS, I am offering CPR/AED/First Aid classes. the money raised (minus the cost of your card, a $6 fee) will be donated to KCS for the purchase and installation of AEDs in the three buildings on campus.
- These classes are open to the community.
- 100% of these donations go to KCS for purchase of AEDs.
- Please tell your friends!
- Pass the word along at your job!
- Participants must be at least 10-11 years of age (strong enough or old enough to give effective compressions and/or rescue breaths).
- Training is American Heart Association’s Curriculum.
- Certifications are valid for two years.
- Students are welcome to review my classes during certified period at no additional cost.
- You donation is tax deductible, however, the cost of your card is not.
- Help raise this money for these AEDs!
Classes are being held at Knoxville Christian School on the following dates and time:
Minimum Donation to participate in either “Adult, Child Infant CPR/AED” and “First Aid” Classes is $30 + $6 per card
To participate in Both classes, minimum donation is $60 + $6 per card.
Registration is required for these classes. Register today by contacting Terrah Banakas at 865-964-5215 or firstname.lastname@example.org!